candelabranoun [ C ]uk /ˌkæn.dəˈlɑː.brə/ us /ˌkæn.dəˈlɑː.brə/ plural candelabra or candelabras
Examples from literature
- In two of the candelabra, on the consoles, the candles were burning down in their sockets.
- Joe advanced to what seemed to be an elaborate candelabra in which seven tapers were set.
- Stretched upon a sofa, he was reading a paper by the light of a large candelabra.
- The wax lights burned in the candelabra, the fire burned on the hearth, but all for nothing.
- The wax tapers were all lighted in each silver candelabra when Betty went down the stairs, looking fresh and sweet as a wildflower in her dress and ribbons of robin's-egg blue.