carbohydratenoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌkɑː.bəʊˈhaɪ.dreɪt/ us /ˌkɑːr.boʊˈhaɪ.dreɪt/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- For example, rice is almost entirely carbohydrate, and butter is almost pure fat.
- Potatoes as a source of carbohydrates.
- The different cereals also contain a large percentage of carbohydrates in the form of starch.
- The materials which have the most fats and carbohydrates have the highest fuel value.
- Vegetable foods are rich in carbohydrates while meats contain none.