carillonnoun [ C ]uk /kəˈrɪl.jən/ us /ˈkær.ə.lɑːn/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- As that died down, the chimes of the Cathedral—the sweetest carillon I have ever heard—sounded one o'clock.
- It is a full hour after the time fixed, and now at last, as the carillon finishes, there are sounds of heavy boots upon the staircase.
- The Cathedral clock was stopped and the carillon turned off for the first time in heaven only knows how many years.
- This is Bruges sleeping peacefully in old age, lulled to rest by the sound of its own carillon.
- What man is there to whom the bells of his village, the carillon of his city, is not most dear?