cavernnoun [ C ]uk /ˈkæv.ən/ us /ˈkæv.ɚn/
Examples from literature
- Four avenues opened out of the small cavern which the great rock stood in.
- I continued my way further into the cavern, watching the play of light upon the huge stalactites that hung from the roof.
- The cavern was as big as two or three rooms bunched together, and Jim could stand up straight in it.
- The cavern was imperfectly explored.
- You shall go with me into the dark caverns of the earth, and see how rocks and metals are made in nature's forging shop.