cerebrumnoun [ C ]uk /səˈriː.brəm/ us /səˈriː.brəm/ plural cerebra uk /-brə/ us cerebrums specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Each of these hemispheres is subdivided into three lobes, so that the entire cerebrum is made up of six distinct lobes.
- The anterior portion of the cerebrum is devoted to intellectual processes, which freely expend the vital energies.
- The cerebrum comprises nearly seven-eighths of the entire mass, and fills the upper part of the skull.
- The cerebrum has a peculiar convoluted appearance, its deep folds being separated by fissures, some of them nearly an inch in depth.
- The fore-brain or cerebrum especially is much more developed in them than in the lower animals.