What a charming street this is.
He's very charming but I wouldn't trust him.
› disapproving often humorous used to show that you do not approve of what someone has said or done:
- They live in a charming old cottage.
- I think her naivety is charming - she's so unspoilt and fresh.
- He's suave, polished and charming.
- He's very charming but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
- Jim was remarkably charming this evening - he even said, unprompted, how nice Margot looked in her dress.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ˈtʃɑː.mɪŋ.li/ us /ˈtʃɑːr.mɪŋ.li/ approving