chat shownoun [C]uk us UK (US also UK talk show)
- Then he started appearing on all these chat shows and quiz shows and became a 'celebrity'.
- Most of the people of these chat shows are only there to promote their latest book or programme.
- He has hosted several popular quiz shows and now has his own chat show.
- She just lay around in bed all day watching daytime chat shows - it was quite worrying.
- He used to do late-night chat show on the radio, with people all phoning in with their problems.