childhoodnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈtʃaɪld.hʊd/ us /ˈtʃaɪld.hʊd/
She had an unhappy childhood.
- Miller's fascination with medieval art dates from her childhood.
- "I'd like to ask you some questions about your childhood, if I may." "Fire away! ".
- For Proust, the taste of a madeleine brought childhood memories flooding back .
- Adults often look back on their childhood as a golden age.
- Most phobias are grounded in childhood experiences.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: