Christmas carolnoun [ C ]uk /ˌkrɪs.məs ˈkær.əl/ us /ˌkrɪs.məs ˈker.əl/
Examples from literature
- I am sure every one felt happy, and we sang the Christmas carols louder than ever, so loudly that the church trembled.
- Richard is heard upstairs singing a Christmas carol, "Once in Royal David's City," etc.
- She listened for a moment and then she knew that the choir boys were singing the Christmas carols in the open air of the village street.
- The Christmas carol, sung by a chorus of fresh children's voices, is perhaps the most perfect expression of the spirit of Christmastide.
- The choir of a neighboring church were singing a Christmas carol in the street, and the Christ came into our hearts as a little child.