church noun (BUILDING)
The town has four churches.
church noun (ORGANIZATION)
I'll see her after church.
They go to church every Sunday.
the Church [ S ]
- In Britain, the Queen is the head of the established church.
- The church has strongly condemned the violence.
- Instead of defending traditional values, the church frequently seems weak-kneed and irresolute.
- The church accused him of impiety and had all his writings burned.
- We joined the Methodist/Anglican/Roman Catholic Church in 1975.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: