Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A number of organs working together for the same purpose form a system. The chief systems of the body are the digestive system, the circulatory system, the respiratory system, the muscular system, and the nervous system.
- Additional causes are found in the circulatory disturbances in the pelvic organs, whereby the outflow of blood from the pelvic vessels is hindered a chronic congestion in the uterine vessels is produced.
- Being "in shock" means that a person's circulatory system is not working properly, and not enough blood is getting to the vital centers of his brain and spinal cord.
- Ethnic groups like the Danes, who eat enormous quantities of cholesterol-containing foods, have little circulatory disease.
- Plants have a low degree of sensibility, limited motion, respiratory and circulatory organs.