civicsnoun [ U ]uk /ˈsɪv.ɪks/ us /ˈsɪv.ɪks/ mainly US
Examples from literature
- Current events should be studied in all history or civics courses.
- Every high school should require the study of local civics or local industries.
- He found it somewhat difficult to see what was to be the practical outcome of civics if studied in the way proposed.
- Spelling, reading, writing, arithmetic, geography, history, grammar, civics and physiology are the subjects usually taught.
- This is an introductory lesson in civics, in which the aim is to make the pupils familiar with the duties, qualifications, salary, and importance of the postmaster.