clock towernoun [ C ]uk /ˈklɒk ˌtaʊ.ər/ us /ˈklɑːk ˌtaʊ.ɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- It is a world of cupolas, clock towers, and minarets, which the storks appear to make their home, and there are thousands of these birds in the town.
- The Westminster clock tower.
- The buildings of this market are Dutch in style and have a quaint clock tower.
- They were near the great clock tower just as the chimes began to peal forth their weird melodies.
- Two of the machine guns were mounted in the clock tower, a position commanding the range of the street.