cocainenoun [ U ]uk /kəʊˈkeɪn/ /kəˈkeɪn/ us /koʊˈkeɪn/ /ˈkoʊ.keɪn/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Cocaine. —Cocaine is extracted from the leaves of the Peruvian cocoa tree, and exerts a decided influence upon the nervous system, somewhat akin to that of coffee.
- I had a bad attack of snow-blindness and had to use cocaine.
- One is still struggling with the appetite on an Iowa farm and dares not trust himself in the city because he knows too well how cocaine may be procured in spite of better legislation.
- The long effort brought us into contact with dozens of boys who had become victims of the cocaine habit.
- Yet cocaine is chemically very different from caffeine, simply producing a similar physiological effect in much smaller doses.