compound fracturenoun [ C ]uk /ˌkɒm.paʊnd ˈfræk.tʃər/ us /ˌkɑːm.paʊnd ˈfræk.tʃɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A young labourer had fallen off a scaffolding, and a compound fracture of the right arm had been the result.
- He had sustained a compound fracture of his leg, besides numerous bruises and contusions.
- The left scapula is fractured, likewise the clavicle, and there is a compound fracture of the femur.
- When, besides the break, there is an opening through the soft parts and surface of the body, we have a compound fracture.
- With the metacarpus, however, there are instances where compound fracture occurs in colts that justify treatment.