condensernoun [ C ]uk /kənˈden.sər/ us /kənˈden.sɚ/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Q. —Is a barometer sometimes applied to the condensers of steam engines?
- The condenser is a flat rectangular wooden vessel, which is surrounded with another one containing cold water.
- The condensers were choked up, and one of them burst from the pressure of the ice.
- The steam passed through the condenser, and the exhaust was never open to the atmosphere.
- This necessitated the carrying of wood from the margin of the lake to the condensers.