congressmannoun [ C ]uk /ˈkɒŋ.ɡres.mən/ us /ˈkɑːŋ.ɡres.mən/ plural -men uk /-mən/ us
- He was accused of perjury by a Republican congressman.
- She invited the wife of an Illinois congressman to tea.
- He is just an obscure congressman, not the president.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- At last the congressman rose to make a speech.
- His audacity and his intense zeal won the admiration of President Madison and his cabinet, as well as many congressmen.
- Many Congressmen in their speeches, made all manner of fun of the bill.
- The congressman did not reply immediately.
- These four Congressmen played a curiously dramatic part before they got back to Washington.