conjunctivanoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ˌkɒn.dʒʌŋkˈtaɪ.və/ us /ˌkɑːn.dʒəŋkˈtaɪ.və/ specialized
Examples from literature
- His eyes were wild, the conjunctiva considerably inflamed, and he panted quickly and violently.
- In a few days the yellow hue becomes more intense, and particularly on the cuticle, the conjunctiva, the iris, the gums, and the lips.
- The conjunctiva was very much reddened.
- The excrement was dark and fetid, and the conjunctiva had a strong yellow tint.
- The infection may spread along the nasal duct to the conjunctiva.