I don't cook meat very often.
- Don't cook vegetables for too long - they'll lose all their goodness.
- Wrap the chicken in foil and cook it for two hours.
- Vicky cooks really well but she's rather messy.
- Do you prefer cooking with electricity or gas?
- I'm a terrible cook - nothing I try to make turns out the way it's supposed to.
cooknoun [ C ]uk /kʊk/ us /kʊk/
- He's intelligent, witty, a loving husband, and an excellent cook into the bargain.
- The cook brought in a fresh batch of homemade cakes.
- Alex is one of the best cooks I know - he could really be a professional.
- I'll ask the cook to do rib of lamb for Sunday lunch.
- This is the cook's night off, so we're just having cold meat and salad.