croquettenoun [ C ]uk /krəˈket/ us /kroʊˈket/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Be sure the croquettes are well covered, then fry brown.
- Eighteen croquettes were made from this quantity of rice.
- Flake the fish, and either make it into small patties or croquettes.
- Mix thoroughly and then mould into croquettes.
- When the housewife is planning to fry fritters or croquettes she should, if possible, crumb the articles to be fried several hours before frying, and stand aside to become perfectly cold.