cumulusnoun [ U ]uk /ˈkjuː.mjə.ləs/ us /ˈkjuː.mjə.ləs/ specialized
Examples from literature
- Cumulus and cirrus clouds are white.
- He paints, as a rule, the rolling cumulus, and is one of the first of the younger artists.
- In the hot air a bank of cumulus clouds glowed red as from a distant conflagration.
- The back drop should be of light blue with a few cumulus clouds in white.
- The cumulus was changing to the nimbus.
- We should have seen the sun to-day, but a bank of cumulus effectually hid him, although the daylight is a never-ending joy.