dahlianoun [ C ]uk /ˈdeɪ.li.ə/ us /ˈdeɪl.jə/
Examples from literature
- Anne had come over to ask Mrs. Harrison for some of her yellow dahlias.
- Dick bowed his head and fixed his eyes upon the dahlias on the ground.
- He noted, with an approving eye, that the dahlias in the front yard, set in stiff nodding rows, were holding their own bravely against the dry fall weather, and that the asters were blooming profusely, purple and pink.
- I used this on some dahlia roots quite successfully.
- One objection to the old dahlia was its lateness of bloom.