day of reckoningnoun [ S ]uk /ˌdeɪ əv ˈrek.ən.ɪŋ/ us /ˌdeɪ əv ˈrek.ən.ɪŋ/
Examples from literature
- Nothing but firmness and strict justice will avert a bloody day of reckoning.
- She might, therefore, be left to believe what she liked to believe, without fear of a day of reckoning.
- So all your supposed merit will vanish when the day of reckoning comes.
- The day of reckoning seemed to have come.
- The day of reckoning was distant, but it came at last, as it always does to every sinner of us all.