descriptionnoun [ C or U ]uk /dɪˈskrɪp.ʃən/ us /dɪˈskrɪp.ʃən/
B1 something that tells you what something or someone is like:
be beyond description also defy description
- A witness gave a detailed description of the man.
- He gave a very vivid and often shocking description of his time in prison.
- The book contains lyrical descriptions of the author's childhood.
- Would you say that is an accurate description of the current situation?
- A woman of your description was seen in the area on the night of the crime.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words