diademnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdaɪ.ə.dem/ us /ˈdaɪ.ə.dem/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- As she descends the stairs in her black velvet dress with its large collar of ermine and with a diadem of white roses on her hair, she is literally stunning.
- Love should be her diadem.
- She would have to own that she had been beaten, to confess that the diadem had passed from her brow, and the sceptre from her hand!
- So perished the most infamous woman that ever wore a royal diadem, as had been predicted.
- Upon her powdered, snowy hair is a little diadem of diamonds.