digestive systemnoun [ C usually singular ]uk /daɪˈdʒes.tɪv ˌsɪs.təm/ us /daɪˈdʒes.tɪv ˌsɪs.təm/
Examples from literature
- According to him, there is a disharmony of our food and our digestive system.
- Summary. —The main structure in the digestive system is the alimentary canal.
- The digestive system of the lion is such that it cannot receive nourishment save through meat.
- The reproductive and digestive systems, while somewhat improved, are not very markedly higher than those of annelids.
- Too freely used, and made too strong, tea and coffee may have a bad effect upon the nervous as well as the digestive system.