- Surely a diplomatic solution is preferable to war.
- It's a new country, hoping for diplomatic recognition from the international community.
- The US severed diplomatic relations with Cuba in 1961.
- The governments have broken off diplomatic relations.
- All diplomatic attempts at a peaceful solution to the crisis have been fruitless.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /ˌdɪp.ləˈmæt.ɪ.kəl.i/ us /ˌdɪp.ləˈmæt̬.ɪ.kəl.i/