dispensarynoun [ C ]uk /dɪˈspen.sər.i/ us /dɪˈspen.sɚ.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Behind the dispensary was a small passage, whence the stairs mounted, and a door led to the kitchen.
- Connected with the hospital is a dispensary from which medical advice and medicines are given to the poor.
- It is a very usual practice for parents to take children suffering from scarlet fever, measles, etc., to a public dispensary, in order to obtain advice and medicines.
- On another occasion the same officer's wife was ill, and his little son, having fever, was sent daily to the dispensary for medicine in charge of a maid.
- On the sides were five state rooms, besides a pantry for the steward, and a dispensary for the surgeon.