doubletnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʌb.lɪt/ us /ˈdʌb.lət/
Examples from literature
- He had doublets entirely covered with a pattern of jewels.
- He had recovered his outward composure at any rate, and the next moment was busy re-adjusting his doublet and bands before the mirror over the hearth.
- He was dressed entirely in black, with puffed trunks, doublet to match, and a large turned-down collar.
- His sprawling boots, dangling knee-points, and silly little short doublet form a foolish dress.
- These doublets were both of leather and wool.