dramatistnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdræm.ə.tɪst/ us /ˈdræm.ə.t̬ɪst/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Jonson's scholarship was thorough, but sweetened and ventilated by his activities as poet and dramatist.
- The answer to this question is not simply that the modern dramatist is seldom a Shakespeare.
- The genius for story-telling is just the genius which is incapable of being a fine dramatist.
- This, unfortunately, could not, in the sense in which the word "good" was then meant, be said of most modern dramatists.
- Throughout the present discussion, I have insisted on the point that the great dramatists have always written primarily for the many.