drivewaynoun [ C ]uk /ˈdraɪv.weɪ/ us /ˈdraɪv.weɪ/ also mainly UK drive
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- From the driveway a gravelled footpath led through the shrubbery and flower garden by a wicket gate to the Church.
- In silence they went down the driveway to the beach road, along the path to the cliffs.
- The Dean's desk stood in a wide square bay window which overlooked the driveway.
- There was a driveway from this court into the street beyond.
- They too heard the noise and saw a small ancient roadster turn into the driveway and stop.