dukedomnoun [ C ]uk /ˈdʒuːk.dəm/ us /ˈduːk.dəm/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A moment later he learnt that the duke has suddenly died, and that the dukedom is his.
- France was really composed of a dozen or more independent counties and dukedoms.
- They may include monarchies, as England includes dukedoms.
- This treaty being made, Robert returned to his dukedom, and gave himself over to his natural indolence and dissipation.
- You know, in old English times, our kings liked to have lordships and dukedoms abroad: and why should not your merchant princes like to have lordships and estates abroad?