easy moneynoun [ U ]uk /ˌiː.zi ˈmʌn.i/ us /ˌiː.zi ˈmʌn.i/ informal
Examples from literature
- Peruggia wasn’t just a criminal after easy money.
- He wanted easy money.
- His story was this: He had built up a big enterprise during the pioneer boom days of easy money and negligible competition.
- I was merely paid for the risk assumed, and it was easy money.
- If he were merely some cowboy looking for easy money and excitement, that was a different matter.
- They are making merry with champagne and motor cars—if you can accept that figure—and revelry and easy money.