electronnoun [ C ]uk /iˈlek.trɒn/ us /iˈlek.trɑːn/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- An electric spark consists of a rush of electrons across the space between the two terminals.
- Cathode rays are electrons in rapid motion.
- The fixing of the wandering electron to a neutral atom creates a negative ion.
- The principal remedy is heat, because it engenders a higher rate of vibration of the electrons.
- We have seen that an electric current is really a flow of electrons.