entente cordialenoun [ S or U ]uk /ˌɒn.tɒnt ˌkɔː.diˈɑːl/ us /ˌɑːn.tɑːnt ˌkɔːr.diˈɑːl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- So France did her utmost to solidify the entente cordiale fostered by the late King Edward VII under the stress of public opinion in England.
- The Morocco incident had shown the German Emperor that the entente cordiale was indeed solid.
- The entente cordiale was cemented again.
- The entente cordiale with Britain was sundered in a minute.
- The present entente cordiale between Russia and the United States is exerting an influence for the increased study of our language.