equal protectionnoun [ U ]/ˌiː.kwəl prəˈtek.ʃən/ us /ˌiː.kwəl prəˈtek.ʃən/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- All are entitled to equal rights and equal protection.
- It is persons "within its jurisdiction" that are entitled to equal protection from a State.
- Justice Black dissented on the ground that the equal protection clause was violated.
- Many of our rich men have not been content with equal protection and equal benefits, but have besought us to make them richer by act of Congress.
- The equal protection clause does not exact uniformity of procedure.