evidentlyadverbuk /ˈev.ɪ.dənt.li/ us /ˈev.ə.dənt.li/
- She evidently dresses for comfort and not for style.
- The president is evidently in a dilemma about how to tackle the crisis.
- I've been called in to see the director, so evidently I'm in big trouble.
- The audience evidently weren't enjoying the show and some people began to leave.
- Evidently her injuries were more severe than it first appeared, and she is now in a coma.
- be (as) plain as the nose on your face idiom
- be (right) under your nose idiom
- be etched somewhere idiom
- be writ large idiom
- loud and clear idiom
- shine out
- shine through
- speaks for itself idiom
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: