excessiveadjectiveuk /ekˈses.ɪv/ us /ekˈses.ɪv/
- The film was criticized for its excessive violence and nudity.
- The message of the campaign is that excessive drinking is a health risk.
- They complained about excessive government intrusion into their legitimate activities.
- For years, the organization was constrained by excessive bureaucracy.
- The word 'lady' has connotations of refinement and excessive femininity that some women find offensive.
- a sledgehammer to crack a nut idiom
- be up to your neck (in sth) idiom
- carry/take coals to Newcastle idiom
- make a pig of yourself idiom