- No wonder the children are excited, - this is the first time they've been abroad.
- They were really excited about the project, but now they seem to have lost interest in it now.
- I was quite excited at the idea of leaving home, but I was a bit frightened too.
- A group of excited teenagers climbed onto the train with all their luggage.
- The kids were so excited on Christmas Eve it was difficult for them to get to sleep.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ɪkˈsaɪ.tɪd.li/ us /ɪkˈsaɪ.t̬ɪd.li/