family doctornoun [ C ]uk /ˌfæm.əl.i ˈdɒk.tər/ us /ˌfæm.əl.i ˈdɑːk.tɚ/ UK also GP, US also family practitioner
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- And I shall always marvel at our family doctor.
- He ran to call the family doctor, who lived some two blocks below on the same street.
- If any one in the family became ill the family doctor was called in as often as he was needed.
- My family doctor gave me nearly all kinds of blood medicine for over a year—all kinds of tonics to build up flesh, but nothing seemed to benefit me.
- Then you had better have them examined at once by your family doctor or by the school doctor.