- He has written some excellent books about his travels in the Far East.
- The manufacturing is now done in the Far East, where production costs are significantly lower.
- There were representatives from many countries in the Far East, Southeast Asia, and the South Pacific.
- The company went out of business because of increased competition from China and the Far East.
- Over-all, it was a nervous day's trading in the Far East, although the Tokyo stock market finished 2% up.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Other cities and countries began to trade with the Far East.
- Ships doing business between Europe and the Far East often stopped at Venice.
- And it is not to be denied that increased trade in the Far East does not of necessity mean increased profits.
- Englishmen who have not travelled much in the Far East will scarcely understand the working of the Oriental mind in these matters.
- Manila Bay is one of the finest bays in the world and by far the best in the Far East.
- The war in the Far East has shown how strong such an army might be, and how great a military effort would be needed to crush it.
- This is an extreme annoyance to European business men in the Far East, since it means that letters or journeys from Peking to London take five or six weeks instead of a fortnight.