fasteningnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɑː.sən.ɪŋ/ us /ˈfæs.sən.ɪŋ/ mainly UK US usually fastener
Examples from literature
- He broke one of the windows, and inserting his hand undid the fastening and climbed in at the window.
- He heard a smash and the destructive clang of the iron fastenings of the shutters.
- I was tugging at the fastening of the window when I became aware of Bates at my elbow.
- The gate was not fast, and had no good fastening: only a double wooden bar, a poor chain, and a bad lock.
- Then he crouched down and fumbled with the leather fastenings.