feather dusternoun [ C ]uk /ˌfeð.ə ˈdʌs.tər/ us /ˌfeð.ɚ ˈdʌs.tɚ/
Examples from literature
- A long-handled feather duster is handy for cleaning moldings and cornices.
- All the books must be taken down frequently and first beaten separately, then in pairs, and dusted, top and covers, with a soft brush or a small feather duster.
- And they did look like feather dusters from that distance.
- She was carrying a huge feather duster over her head as if it were a parasol.
- Terry disappeared and shortly returned from the garage with a feather duster.