fencernoun [ C ]uk /ˈfen.sər/ us /ˈfen.sɚ/
Examples from literature
- All physical games do not require physical strength, and he became an excellent shot and fencer.
- I am a bad shot and an indifferent fencer.
- It is as though a fencer should remove the button from the end of his foil.
- Never but once have I crossed swords with such a fencer, and I doubt if even he was as strong.
- She was a strong and active woman, with long limbs and well-knit muscles, a clever fencer, a tireless swimmer, a fine horsewoman.