fetlocknoun [ C ]uk /ˈfet.lɒk/ us /ˈfet.lɑːk/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- It danced sideways, shaking its white fetlocks and looking frightened, as it felt itself in the brook.
- Needless to say, marked lameness and swelling of the fetlock soon take place.
- Shoulder, elbow, knee, and fetlock are all easily and painlessly flexed and extended.
- The horses were great, docile creatures, with shaggy, clumsy legs, hoofs as big as dinner plates, and fetlocks six inches long.
- They sank above the fetlocks at every step in the soft snow.