forefootnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɔː.fʊt/ us /ˈfɔːr.fʊt/ plural forefeet
Examples from literature
- In branding my method was to simply tie up one forefoot and blindfold the colt, when a small and properly-hot stamp-iron can be quickly and effectively applied before he quite knows what is hurting him.
- My horse raises his head above the stanchion, looks around at me, and strikes his forefoot on the stable floor—the best greeting he has at his command for a fine Christmas morning.
- The dun-coloured bull bellowed, glad to be free, and pawed the ground with his forefeet.
- The next throw encircled the forefeet and the animal fell heavily.
- Twice he rapped the ground hard with his forefoot.