French hornnoun [ C ]uk /ˌfrentʃ ˈhɔːn/ us /ˌfrentʃ ˈhɔːrn/
Examples from literature
- Here a female now and then entertains the company with a solo on the French horn.
- In that time we had a neighbour in the same court who taught the French horn.
- Moreover, he was a musician, and before the war had played the French horn in the town band.
- The French horn is the most important brass instrument in modern music.
- The rumbling of carriages, and the rattling of horses' feet on the pavement, was intermingled with loud shouts, and the noise of fiddle, French horn, and bagpipe.