gunpowdernoun [ U ]uk /ˈɡʌnˌpaʊ.dər/ us /ˈɡʌnˌpaʊ.dɚ/
Examples from literature
- Gunpowder allowed weapons inventors to make many clever and sometimes unusual ways to kill.
- Gunpowder could be used to fire rockets, cannons, and bombs.
- It has three rows of barrels and used gunpowder to fire bullets at enemy soldiers.
- Next, you light the gunpowder and . . . BOOM!
- The discovery of gunpowder changed the history of the world.
- The discovery of gunpowder in China in the 10th century changed the world of weapons forever.
- Then you fill the pipe with gunpowder – this makes it a rocket.