Halloweennoun [ C or U ]also Hallowe'en uk /ˌhæl.əʊˈiːn/ us /ˌhæl.oʊˈiːn/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Children love to wear funny clothes for Halloween!
- Now, Halloween is the children’s feast of candy!
- Now, Halloween is the second biggest commercial holiday of the year after Christmas.
- Samhain, or Halloween, was a harvest feast in Ireland and Scotland.
- So, stores and companies started to push the idea of Halloween.
- The biggest scary business of all, however, is Halloween.
- Today, children enjoy Halloween in many countries on the last night of October.