(all) by herself
not be/seem/feel herself
in herself UK informal
- She went shopping to cheer herself up.
- She was too frightened to go herself, so she sent her son to find out the news.
- She gave me a signed photograph of herself.
- She sprayed herself with perfume.
- "I'm so glad to see you!" she said, seating herself between Eleanor and Marianne.
Pronouns: reflexive (myself, themselves, etc.)Reflexive pronouns end in -self or -selves. They refer back to the subject forms of personal pronouns (underlined in the example below): …
Reflexive pronouns for same subject and objectWe often use reflexive pronouns when the subject and the object of the verb refer to the same person or thing: …
Reflexive pronouns + by meaning aloneWe often use reflexive pronouns with by to mean ‘alone’ or ‘without any help’: …